Promoting Self Help Groups:
SNEHA has initiated 75 SHGs in total. The main objective of these groups is to promote micro credit and encourage a culture of savings amongst the poorest women. This goes hand in hand with the process of empowering women and improving their status in society.
Income Generation Activities:
Agarbathi packing, Pickle making, Papad Making, Dairy Activity, Banana rope making unit.
Adolescent Life skill development education:
- SNEHA has initiated a pilot programme of Life Skill Education for adolescents in the Sindhuvalli Grama Panchayath of Mysore District which covers 5 villages situated in the Mysore Taluk. This programme has been taken up in collaboration with the State Resource Centre, Mysore.
- Training in tailoring skills for 55 members in two groups is ongoing in Sinduvalli village. Training period is six months.
- Trainees have mobilized 128 metres of cloth from TVS and produced chudidar, petticoats and frocks etc.
- Training in electronics for 16 members is ongoing in Sinduvalli village. The training period is for six months.
- Screen-printing for 16 members has been completed.
- Training on electronics for 23 members has been completed in Doddakanya village.
- 18 members have completed training on video graphics.
- Mehandi training for 15 girls.
- Hairdressing training for 10 girls.
Formation of Federations:
Three federations for supporting the individual Self Help Groups have been formed to provide a forum for regular interaction and networking.
Village-level motivation/awareness camps have been organised to improve relationships between different organisations. The camps were used as a forum for discussing the different development activities of the Government.
Promotion of Herbal plants:
Herbal plant, Andrographis has been introduced in Sathiyamangalam taluk as pilot project in collaboration with Grama Mooligai Company from Madurai. So for, 10,000,00 seedlings were raised and distributed to farmers. After the crop the harvest, based on the yield and impact, further it will be supported small and marginal farmers in the area.
Waste treatment by using Microbial Solution(MS):
A Microbial Solution is a fermented mixed culture in acidic medium of beneficial microorganisms. These microorganisms exist naturally. This solution does not contain genetically modified Microorganisms. This microbial solution contains different strains of beneficial microorganisms.
Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Apartments, Hotels, Public Toilets and Oil refineries.
Solid waste Management:
Sathyamangalam Municipality, Gobichettipalayam Municipality, Hanur town Panchayath and Organic farming.